hahaha. Benedict at the London Press Conference for Star Trek into Darkness revealed that, in developing the Harrison character, he even considered whether he should “baldly go” where no man had gone before. Here’s the story from MSN that goes with that hysterical headline above:
Benedict Cumberbatch has said getting the right hairdo was the toughest challenge for his role in Star Trek Into Darkness.
The Sherlock star, who plays villain John Harrison in JJ Abrams’ sci-fi sequel, admitted deciding on a hairstyle was a difficult enterprise - and he even considered whether he should baldly go.
He said: “Which way to do my hair was the hardest thing really - straight or curly, or long with bangs (fringe), or a sort of ponytail, or maybe no hair.”
Benedict, 36, said getting his body into the right shape was also hard work.
"Beyond the bangs, and how I was going to wear my hair, preparing for the role was the hardest thing in all honesty because it meant an awful lot of eating and a lot of working out in a very short space of time."
The star, who has been filming the third series of the BBC show Sherlock, revealed he could not believe his luck when he first heard he got the role in the space blockbuster, which also stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Zoe Saldana and Simon Pegg.
"I got an email, and I didn’t pick up on the signals. The email said, ‘Do you want to come and play?’ and I thought, ‘What - squash or tennis or some kind of racquet-based activity?’," the actor recalled.
"Then the penny slowly dropped - and I fell asleep. It had been so frantic over Christmas getting myself on tape and it had taken a day to compress this little file on my iPhone so once that had all been done, I sat back and waited. Then I got a note back saying ‘JJ’s on holiday’."
The actor said he was “over the moon” when he was asked to play the mysterious character, adding: “It was a beautiful thing to be asked to play this sliding scale of someone who could be trustworthy and understandable, and also somebody who could be out on a mission of revenge and trying to bring about what he sees is justice, and changing the order of authority,” he said.
:: Star Trek Into Darkness opens in cinemas on May 9.
- lalaurice likes this
- amyliapond likes this
- doctor-sherlock-the-impala reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- tadpolephelps likes this
- princehal-lordhal likes this
- mycroft-is-dumbledore likes this
- addattention reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- pluviaticus likes this
- suddenly-im-mrs-sex likes this
- suddenly-im-mrs-sex reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- drkabuki reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- chloesinthetardis likes this
- autumnkey likes this
- saltandteain221b likes this
- then-an-angel-would-come likes this
- kirakishou likes this
- iamthegeek likes this
- fangirlsjustwannahavefun reblogged this from failfleet
- treesofyavanna likes this
- grizziesmom reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- grizziesmom likes this
- illalwayslovesherlock reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- illalwayslovesherlock likes this
- failfleet reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- formlessandvoid likes this
- deanleonhart reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- deanleonhart likes this
- quailisthestatebird likes this
- iamsnugglocked reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- shrlckjhn likes this
- life-in-madland reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- life-in-madland likes this
- tavalouris likes this
- saredict likes this
- nostalgic-nerd likes this
- olduvai-fossil reblogged this from bowties-and-cheekbones
- nom-fox reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- starfish-are-stickers likes this
- csemmens07 reblogged this from bowties-and-cheekbones
- csemmens07 likes this
- molicioushat likes this
- nevermorecc likes this
- mo1mo2mo3 likes this
- cumberbatchy reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- lifebeforethelobotomy reblogged this from cumberbatchcoffeeklatch
- pulpbomb likes this
- mautlan likes this
- yggdrasilash likes this
- another-mindless-crime likes this
- eggbenedict likes this